Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Month of Love

I think it's no accident we celebrate love with Valentine's Day in the winter. There is something about cold weather that makes you want to cuddle up. I'm trying to figure out how to spread my love obessession around my house.

For my boys, Valentine's Day means candy. When they select their class Valentines, they always go for the one with the best treat. This year? Fun Dips, a stick of candy you lick and dip into a pixie stick powder. Gag!

For my husband, Valentine's Day means a Hallmark holiday he'd rather not buy into. I once told him he should do an un-Valentine's Day where he did lovely stuff for me because he loved me. I've been waiting for years.

For my girl, Valentine's Day means a party dress. A red one. This I can work with! I even found hair pretties with hearts on them for her piggy tails.

For me, I'd love to have a romance novel Valentine's Day just once. Okay, that's not true. I'd like to have it once a month for the rest of my life! A beautiful dress, fab heels, flowers, a restaurant without a children's menu, champagne, truffles...maybe even dancing. Or at least spinning around together and an over-the-top dip kiss. And a he-went-to-Jared's moment.

Le sigh. This year, I'll be with my GI doc dealing with the tempermental colon. Romantic. NOT!

No comments: